Multnomah County Dental is seeking on-call EFDA Dental Assistants. Days and hours vary based on clinic needs, including same day needs. Our clinics serve patients on the Oregon Health Plan and uninsured patients. We are seeking assistants who are able to work with a diverse population; are team orientated, enjoy a fast paced setting, are reliable, positive and organized. Clinics are open from 7:30-6:30, Monday-Friday.Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online at www.multcojobs.org
Job Requirements: Required Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
- Successful completion of a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association is a prerequisite for performing the application of pit and fissure sealants. Successful completion of courses of instruction required prior to certification.
- Requires one year of responsible dental assistant experience or graduate from an accredited dental assistant program.
- Possession of an appropriate and valid certificate of Expanded Function Dental Assistant, including a certification of radiologic proficiency issued by the Oregon State Board of Dental Examiners.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification or ability to obtain certification.
- Must be able to work for same day needs. (You indicate which days you are available).
*For veterans qualified for veterans’ preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the relevant education and/or work experience portion(s) of your application. Clearly explain how those skills and/or qualifications apply to this position.